Purchasing a brand new home should be an exciting adventure but can be overwhelming with the vast number of home builders jockeying for your business, the many building locations to choose from, and the nearly limitless number of home options and possibilities available! As a locally owned home builder, Infinity Homes is an active member of the Southern Indiana Home Builders Association and the National Association of Home Builders.
In addition to the typical questions of “How much does it cost?,” and “When can we move in?,” NAHB suggest you ask your home builder the following questions:
- Will the builder give you references of recent buyers/occupants?
- Does the builder have a financing plan established?
- Are there options in the floor plan — for example, can a basement or deck be added?
- Can a room such as the basement be left unfinished?
- How much “customizing” can be done versus standard features?
- Can appliances be up- or down-graded?
- Are there any additional fees relating to the home or development?
- Will there be a home owners’ association? If so, what will the dues cost and what do they cover?
- Does the builder offer a warranty program?
- Does the price include landscaping? What if the plants die within a year?
- Are there any restrictive covenants?
- What are the estimated taxes on the property?
- How is the school system rated?
- Are day care and grocery stores convenient and satisfactory?
- What about emergency facilities — police, fire department and hospitals?
- Are there any major development plans for the area in the next five years?
Purchasing a new home from an award-winning Southern Indiana home builder is a fun experience. With a brand new Design Studio and dozens of available homes and new home plans to choose from, there’s never been a better time to start fresh and just buy a new Infinity Home!
About Infinity Homes: With over a century of combined home building experience and over a decade of crafting fine homes, Infinity Homes builds new homes in Southern Indiana and Louisville, Kentucky. Locally owned, Infinity Homes offers a wide variety of home styles with optional lofts, finished lower levels and 3-car garages and prices starting in the high $100s. The 2018, 2019, and 2020 home builder of the Louisville St. Jude Dream Home, all homes include a long list of included designer features and options and a comprehensive Home Buyers 2-10 new home warranty.
Infinity Homes and Development. Life Starts Here.